WHO WE ARE
Calvary Christian Fellowship Assembly of God (CCF) is a vibrant ministry committed to lifting up the name of Jesus and touching lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are a culturally diverse church in the Berwick community of Columbus and are determined to reach our community and beyond as is commissioned in Mark 16:15.
We are a loving, family friendly congregation, ministering to children, youth, men, and women through our various ministries and community outreach. Our mission is to share the gospel with those who dont know Jesus as their Lord and Savior (John 3:16), equip believers to be authentic; Holy Spirit empowered, and balanced disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our theme this year is Setting the Stage for your Miracle, through prayer and giving of your time and tithe for the glory of God. Everyone has a place in the Body of Christ, regardless of race, nationality, background, social status, or even religious affiliation. Come as you are!
ARTICLES OF FAITH
1. The Scriptures Inspired: The Bible is inspired; the only infallible and authoritative Word of God (2Tim 3:15-17, 1Thes 2:13, 2Pet 1:21)
2. The One True God: There is One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (Deut 6:4, Mt 28:19, Lk 3:22).
3. The Deity of Jesus Christ: The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God; the Son of God who became man through the virgin birth. He lived a perfect life, performed miracles, died a vicarious and atoning death. He was buried, rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God the Father (Mt 16:16, 1Cor 15:3, 4).
4. The Fall of Man: Man was created good and upright, but voluntarily fell into sin, thereby incurring not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. Sin is the ultimate cause of all the problems we face in the world (Gen 1:26f, 2:17, 3:6, Rom 5:12-19).
5. The Salvation of Man: Man?s only hope is redemption through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. The only means to salvation is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ (Lk 24:47, Eph 2:8).
6. The Ordinances of the Church: There are two ordinances of the church: water baptism and the Holy Communion. Baptism is by immersion in water, symbolizing death of old life and rising to new life in Christ (Rom 6:4). The Holy Communion consists of bread and the fruit of the vine, in memorial of Christ?s death, and looking forward to His return (1Cor 11:26).
7.The Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The baptism in the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential in Christian life, to be effective and productive witnesses of Christ (Ac 1:8).
8. The Initial Physical Evidence of Holy Spirit baptism: Speaking in tongues is the initial physical evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Ac 2:4).
9. Sanctification: Sanctification is a process of separation from that which is evil, and dedication to God. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, believers are enabled to live a holy life (1Pet 1:15, 16).
10. The Church & Its Mission: The church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Holy Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the church (Eph 2:19-22).
11. The Ministry: The Lord Jesus has called and ordained ministry for leading the church in (1) evangelizing the world (Mk 16:15-20), (2) worshiping God (Jn 4:23f), and (3) building a body of saints perfected in Christlikeness (Eph 4:11, 16).
12. Divine Healing: Divine healing is an integral part of the Gospel, and is provided for in the Atonement (Isa 53:4, 5).
13. The Blessed Hope: The blessed hope is the imminent return of Christ for the church (1Thes 4:16, 17).
14. The Millennium: The blessed hope will be followed by a visible return of Christ with His saints to reign on the earth for a thousand years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of Israel and establish universal peace (Rom 11:26, Rev 20:4-6).
15. The Final Judgment: There will be a final judgment, in which whosoever is not found in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of fire, together with the devil and his angels. That is the second death (Rev 19:20 & 20:11-15).
16. The New Heaven & New Earth: We look forward to the New Heavens and the New Earth, where righteousness dwells (Rev 21:1ff).